Commerce Township, MI 48382
Phone: (248) 956-5300
Fax: (248) 956-5305 Attendance: (248) 956-5590 Counseling: (248) 956-5321
Welcome to Walled Lake Northern High School!
We are proud of our accomplishments as an educational community, so if you are considering sending your child to Walled Lake Northern High School, I invite you to contact the office to set up a personal tour.
Points of Pride
Tenth year in a row, Northern made Newsweek/US News’s list of top high schools in the Nation.
- Students continue to earn nationally recognized endorsements and certifications through Oakland Schools Technical Campus’ allowing them to transition directly into the workforce.
- The graduating classes have some of the highest ACT/SAT averages in Western Oakland County.
- More than 450 students took well over 800 Advance Placement tests each year.
- Nearly one in every two students is on the honor roll.
- Walled Lake Northern students have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to support local and other charities since the building opened.
- Many varsity teams either win their division or at the district level.
- Since its inception, the Shuman Cup (Walled Lake Consolidated Schools Athletic Award) has always been awarded to Walled Lake Northern.
- Throughout the years, we have received commendations from the MHSAA stating that we received no negative reports from any official who officiated any of our sporting events.
- More than 100 student-athletes earned academic honors at the state and conference level annually.
- Many varsity teams' average GPA rank among the highest in the state.
- Hundreds of Walled Lake Northern student-athletes have continued to play sports at the collegiate level since the building opened in 2002.
- More than 85% of our student body is involved in some form of club or sport each year.
- All of our music classes perform at the State Festival annually and receive outstanding marks.
- Walled Lake Northern's annual musical features some of our most talented actors and musicians each winter. All of the music is directed by Walled Lake Northern teachers and performed by our own students.